Tuesday, August 7, 2007

When Karma Strikes

My funny, embarrassing experience with karmic justice happened on a bus. I was on my way to Buendia.


“She’s so pretty.” I thought to myself while tilting my head every now and then to have a glimpse at the girl. We were both at the three-sitter part of the bus. (Just to make it clear, I’m straight. I just happen to admire beauty.) When the conductor came and asked her where she’s going, she said an earth-shaking: “Sa GUWADALOWPI.” (uhm, she meant Guadalupe.)

I almost fell from my seat. Did I hear her right? “Sayang, ang ganda pa naman niya.” Please don’t get me wrong, I don’t normally make fun of bisayas. It’s just that I was really surprised to hear it come from a Liv Tyler-look alike. Yes, she’s that pretty.

“Guwadalowpi, Guwadalowpi.” The word keeps repeating in my head. I was in that frame of mind when the conductor asked where I’m heading. I don’t know what the hell happened to me. Without any thought, I said in a matter-of-factly tone: “Sa Guwadalowpi po.” For crying out loud!!! Earth should have swallowed me up whole! I honestly didn’t know why I said that. I wasn’t even headed to Guadalupe.

The girl sent daggers with her looks—all aimed at me… =( Thank God I was on the window side of the bus. It’s easier to pretend I’m suddenly in awe of the sky-scrapers outside. I didn’t know Karma could be that quick. My stiff neck is a reminder of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grabe, natatawa pa din ako everytime naaalala ko hihi. Peace Dadys XD

~Nellie~

hungry_young_poet said...

Hahaha! Kamusta na nga kaya si Guwadalowpi Girl? :D