Sunday, September 7, 2008

Only In Your Reflection

I had a dream… In it, you were a cool, clear lake in the deepest heat of summer.


After long hours of watching, I saw myself moving slowly to your banks… In a movement as fluid, as impossible as being captured as mercury, I stepped into you and moved smoothly into your depths…


With your coolness enveloping me, I felt all my anxieties and disquiet sloughed away and swirled into the current to disappear… I drifted downward until I lay buried inside you, like a jewel from some treasure lost in a storm…


In your unmarred reflection, I saw myself… I ran my hand over to the curves of my face as if I were made of the finest silk… For it is only in your reflection that I see myself this beautiful, this happy, this loved…


How safe you were, how still and comforting…


It is here, deep in the warm interior of my dream that I belong… Here, in the soul of a man so sweet and deep and loving.

No comments: