Sunday, June 15, 2008

You Really Do Come True...

Sorry for the randomness (not to mention the cheesiness) of this short entry, I just really need to write this down.

For years, this simple dream had been secretly nestling in my heart of hearts: To walk in a crowded place with the love of my life holding my hand, beaming with pride, proclaiming to the world that he is proud of me… and of being seen with me. A narrow-minded wish for some.. but I know those who know me through and through would understand why.

Insecurity is an ugly gaping hole in my personal package that cannot seem to be filled, not even with years of being in some of my relationships. So I gave up hope.

But now, looking at you smiling at me while holding my hand in a crowded place, makes me re-assess my notion of having-a-dream-come-true.

For you don’t look proud with your hand in mine…

…you look happy… contented… and at home…

Yes, happy… not just to be seen with me. But happy that you are with me…

Now I know, without a shadow of doubt:


Dreams… you really do come true.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

^_________^

えすたひめ essie-hime said...

awwww.. :)

to the highest level ito!

i'm so happy for you tolskie! ^___^

hungry_young_poet said...

to essie-hime: thank you so much tolskie... for always being there to witness my ups and downs... ^___^

to macdreamy: ^________________^