Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dreams on a Different Route

(A repost from my old tumblr account. This one's for you, Gala...)


I used to chase dreams with thundering speed. I’d have a goal and drive straight to it without slowing down or changing directions.
As I was about to reach one of my biggest dreams, things happened that eventually made it impractical for me to continue on what seems to be the surest road to my destination. There’s no one to blame though. That’s just life, happening. Now, do “what ifs” torment me..?
Yes, they do. But leaving my car stuck in the mud would never get me anywhere.
And from that particular red light, I have learned the precious secret of detours and sharp turns. A world I’d never be able to experience if i stayed on the shortest route. This road that I am in never guarantees an easy ride but no one can say this is less fulfilling.
I’d still get to my destination. Perhaps not without damaged tires. I might even get lost every now and then. But you know what? That only makes this journey more exciting. I’d get there. I’d manage. :)


No comments: