Monday, May 18, 2009

I Promise You This

Would you stay with me for a while? Can I convince you this time to trust me?

I want to know you. I want to know every piece that completes your puzzle. Your misplaced childhood, your hopes and dreams, the music at the back of your mind, the scars you've hidden the deepest, the reason you cry everytime it rains.

No, I won't press paper into your pain.

I understand it's hard for you to tell the stories you'd rather forget. And I know it seems cruel of me to ask about your missteps, failures and letdowns.

I know you are broken. But if you would allow me, i promise you this: Once I'm done putting it on paper, once I've completed your puzzle, you'll see how beautiful your scattered shards are. And how every single piece of it has worth.

3 comments:

えすたひめ essie-hime said...

your writing never fails to amaze me tolskie.. ^__^

hungry_young_poet said...

thank you so much, tolskie.. =)

eto nga po pala ay para sa lead female character nung novel na balak kong gawin. Nahihirapan kasi akong gawin ang character sketch niya, masyadong mailap.. nililigawan ko pa.. =) hehe.

If you have time, how about we try making a series of novels? (wink wink) =)

えすたひめ essie-hime said...

i feel a brainstorming session coming up.. ;)